Saturday 5 June 2010

Questions...

Hi Chaps! I need to know a few things before I start printing properly tomorrow. They're tiny but they do make a difference to the end result.

1) The impact of the letter press - do you want it very noticable ie so that you can see the imprint on the reverse (to the point it shows - see image 2 - this is effect is done using a blanket rather than a metal plate) We can get a really clean punch on the front without doing it but I wanted to check if you wanted it so embossed that you felt it on the back. Lee thinks it looks more 'professional' when you can't see it but Craig and Jonathon think it looks more 'special/hand pressed' if you can see it. I think it's makes it more tactile and I like it but then again i like both. They both are as 'letter pressed' on the front.

2) Colour - we printed it with a nice warm black onto white paper and an off white (creamy colour - my preference) I know we said brown but this may complicate the print colour for the additional pages (which i'm printing from my ink jet) I'm afraid we'll not quite match the browns up, which i think will look funny. It'll be much easier to print in the soft black - which when printed on the cream gives a sepia style effect - not sure if you can see this in the photo. So questions here are... brown or black ink? Cleam or white paper? (the cream paper's a bit stiffer to which works well with the letter press, and it's really nice)

3) Also wanted to check that edition was 130 (hehe we could edition each one if you wanted!)

I think that's all - but if you could let me know asap that'd be grand.

No comments:

Post a Comment